Sunday, January 11, 2009

Living

“Quality questions create a quality life. Successful people ask better questions, and as a result, they get better answers.” - Anthony Robbins

I know a lot of successful people, they might not think they are successful, but they are. The problem is, they are successful in their respective careers, but they aren't all that successful at living life. How can I say this? Well, in my humble opinion, if you are successful at living life, you are happy, and happy people don't complain a lot.

I have been told I'm pretty good at what I do, career wise. And I only got to be good by studying and working hard. We probably all studied and worked hard to get where we are in our respective careers, but sadly we haven't applied the same diligence to our life skills. If we want to live successfully, we need to find out how life really works. I used to think that life just happened to me, and that I had to do the best I could with what happened. Nothing could be further from the truth. I was introduced to the truth a couple of years ago when I watched the movie 'The Secret'. Ever since then I have been learning more and more about what power we actually have at our fingertips.

I wish I had been exposed to the truth at a much younger age, I can only imagine how different my life would be then. Thankfully it's never to late to learn. I believe the laws of the universe should be taught to us in high school, and some are. The law of gravity is a universal law, but it doesn't really help us understand ourselves any better. There are seven fundamental laws we should all be taught,
1 - The Law of Mentalism
2 - The Law of Correspondence
3 - The Law of Vibration
4 - The Law of Polarity
5 - The Law of Rhythm
6 - The Law of Cause and Effect
7 - The Law of Gender

and there are many other laws, but they all fall into these main laws. The law of attraction for instance would consist of 1,3 & 6. Basically I feel we should be taught the truth about life.

“Without the way , there is no going; without the truth, there is no knowing; without the life, there is no living.” - Thomas Kempis

I know a lot of you reading this don't really believe it, but this might shock you! Just because you don't believe it, doesn't mean it's not the truth. Can you imagine how different your lives would be if you had been taught the truth right from the beginning? Imagine knowing your true creative power from an early age!

If we don't change, we don't grow. If we don't grow, we are not really living.” - Gail Sheehy

What I am trying to say this week is this. To be really successful at living we need to learn more about how living really works. Become the driver of your life, not the passenger.

Be not afraid of life. Believe that life is worth living and your belief will help create the fact.” - William James

No comments: